This is a link you want

Friday, September 22, 2017

FETAL DEFORMITY / 星际之门 - split

Fetal Deformity is a 3 piece from Mexico. It’s well done goregrind, nice raw sound, ideal song lengths, and you know... the full-package deal including movie samples (like the regurgitate scene in City of the living dead for the 1000th time) so expect nothing extra-ordinary here. I hate to say it but I enjoy the mid-tempo parts a bit more on this one as the vocals performed during those parts sound like regurgitated burrito farts - that’s really stupid as fuck but at the same time I love it! Ultimately this material is not bad at all and it’s entertaining to listen to and certainly a release I’ll be coming back once in a while, but it’s lacking a bit its own character to stand out from the rest. I doubt the band would give a fetal fuck about my opinion here as they are around for a couple years already, though.

The other band’s name on this release translates to “Stargate”, it’s otherwise also known as “CHAPPA´AI” which I learned is a term used for the stargate in the film series. No idea why an Hungarian band needs to write their name in Chinese characters but what the fuck do I know?? Well, I don’t know anything about the line-up either other that it’s featuring Marci from the one-man-band Parazitozis. So much for introduction, can I go now? Well, ohm, the actual sound… well it’s like a good mixture of noisecore and harsh noise. I’m not into harsh noise sounds a lot anymore but this one still feels comfortable to listen to, occasionally. I have heard worse stuff in that genre, so I’m pretty sure most people into harsh sounds like that will appreciate this one!

Bandcamp: