This is a link you want

Friday, September 22, 2017

RANCID ODOUR - “The Rancid Odour Of A Bloated Floater”

I heard people describe this one as “Gorenoise with real drums”. Well for me it just sounds like sloppy grind/noisecore with toilet vocals. In the end that’s probably the same, but judging from the cover artwork and logo color one might think otherwise, so just making sure you are still with me. It says there are 57 tracks in little over 6 minutes recorded by a guy called Tom from California. I didn’t count tracks but that numbers seems about right. It sounds like this was recorded in one take with feedback burning through your ears between each track. I like how the riffs are only adumbrated which gives the recording a nice 90ths noisegrind vibe. The vocals on the other side are a bit annoying as it’s mostly the same high pitched grunts throughout all tracks but I guess most people into pitch shifters will just love them for that! This release was already put out a while ago and I’m wondering if there’ll ever be more. That guy definitely knows his shit so one can only hope!!

Bandcamp: