This is a link you want

Friday, September 22, 2017

Interview with CARNAL TRASH

When I heard CARNAL TRASH for the first time I was immediately hooked! You know there are many (more or less) good bands out there, but it's hard to find a really special one! So for me there was no doubt if I would do this fuckin zine then the first interview of course has to be done with Christian Badia of CARNAL TRASH! So here we go...

⍰ You are already active with various projects for a few years now. Can you quickly sum up the projects/releases you worked on so far? Was there any particular reason that made you want to start playing? Did you ever made any attempts in forming a full band line-up?

➤ In 2014 i came up with the idea of doing a fast goregrind/gorenoise project that was called Abomination Against Humanity, this name was later changed to Human Atrocity. Then i did various "test" projects, such as Facial Mutilation, Intoxicated and Dysmenorrhea.

Carnal Trash started in mid 2015; I wanted to create some goregrind in the veins of Autophagia, Regurgitate or Active Stenosis. It started with the demo "Obliteration", a friend named Leo was on drums; Then he leaved and i changed the style to something like Regurgitate... then again in 2017 i went back to the original style once and for all.

My reason to start this was because i love this genre, i want to bring back the Old school goregrind that is lost by now. I dont have any ideas in forming a band, always liked to do my stuff alone, without other people´s opinions; unless someday i do a live show, then yes, a band is needed.


⍰ When looking at the development of grindcore from the mid 80ths up to now… what do you like about that? And what do you absolutely hate?

➤ The old school grindcore and every form of music was the best in the 80´s. There are so many great bands that moved this genre. I can say that my favourite grindcore release is From Enslavement To Obliteration by Napalm Death. What can i say about what i hate? the faggots who are creating nonsense shit with the genre, such as "Loligrind, Slam Goregrind, Cybergrind..." so many crap around lately that drives me mad, seriously, thanks to them the genre is failing to a joke... Even modern grindcore today is total useless crap (See modern Napalm Death for example). I also think that grindcore back then was made with such energy.. like it should be!

⍰ Generally speaking, what do you think is closer to the truth: “Grindcore is protest” or “Grindcore is fashion”? What does grind mean to you?

➤ Cant relate to any of them really... if i had to choose, i select "protest" but i dont care about that either; Grindcore to me is a way to express yourself against everything; its not about how cool you can play guitar, not about how heavy you are, its more like a personal thing... the "fashion" is for the posers of Black Metal for example.

⍰ You make many of your new demos and releases available on YouTube. What do you think about digital media? Do you collect tapes, vinyl, CDs?

➤ Yes i upload my noise to youtube often. I am absolutely ok with digital media, i would like to buy CD´s and everything from my favourite bands, but here in Argentina is really hard to buy or make negociations with other countries and Goregrind/Grindcore is NON existent here too;

⍰ What does D.I.Y. mean to you?

➤ The only definition i have for D.I.Y is Do It Yourself... like my friend Ioannis (Active Stenosis) told me... "goregrind is D.I.Y" and he is absolutely right at that.


⍰ Name five releases you recently discovered and what do you think about them?

➤ To be honest i havent discovered too much, but i can name a few.
Flatulence; that is a new Goregrind project of Vanya of Inopexia; btw really cool stuff!
Incinerated, one of the best worships to Mortician with Warsore-like style playing.
And your project Corpse Eater too, that i liked a lot.
and that it is... i am not listening or searching too much for new bands.


⍰ Thanks for taking the time for this interview! Maybe you want to drop a hint what we can expect from you in the future?

➤ Thanks to you Ron for this interview and the cool questions. I need to say thanks to those who made my logos. 

Thanks to:
Graham Page for the Human Atrocity logo.
Leland Lawrence for the Carnal Trash logo and
Jay Beger for the Dysmenorrhea logo...

I´m working on a new Human Atrocity EP, and a split with Gruesome Bodyparts Autopsy for Carnal Trash; Stay brutal and long live to the good Goregrind/Grindcore!!!





Discography


  • Obliteration (Demo tape 2015)
  • Cut the head off (Demo CD-R 2017)
  • split CD-R with SYMPTOMATIC EXHUMED (2017)
  • Gore Torment (EP 2017)
  • split tape with ENDOTOXAEMIA (2017)


Info/Contact