This is a link you want

Monday, March 19, 2018

AGATHOCLES / MALPRACTICE INSURANCE - split tape

For sure I didn’t check out this tape for the AGx side. Still had to make through it somehow to reach the flip side and didn’t want to be a total asshole that doesn’t listen to his stuff. So here’s a recording session from 1995. I don’t know how Ivo (or whatever his name is) was able to get on a split tape with his stuff, but the session was probably used on 3 other releases as well - AGx fanboys prove me wrong! Indeed I was at first surprised as it sounds really fresh and actually enjoyed it if I’m honest about it. After a couple great songs however it quickly starts to wear down and gets worse with each following track and so reminds me why I never been a fan of the band. I more or less like the style they’re playing here but I always thought other bands usually sound way better doing that anyway. And it’s no different with this tape…

MALPRACTICE INSURANCE is a band featuring Ivo/RADIATION VOMIT on guitar/bass/vox. Straight from the first track it sounds like AGx but actually done right! It blows the “originals” away (ey… who themselves are just bad Napalm Death wanna-be’s in the end) just as good as MALIGNANT TUMOUR did during their peak - minus that terrible “mince” preacher shit. There are only 6 songs on this side and contrary to the AGx side they’re over way too quick, which definitely tells there's a lot more entertaining material. Songs are really aggressive and hitting hard, combining all the good parts this style is all about. The filthy and raw sound definitely helps me to enjoy this more - but then I’m not sure if this is really as it was intended to sound or only due to the quality of the tape. The risk you take when putting out stuff on this format. But my noise polluted ears couldn’t care less, so just get this tape anyway, I hope yours sounds just a bad!

Contact:
http://www.grindfatherprod.com/